Options

When to do labs?

bmunroebmunroe Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
I recently purchased Chris Bryant's CCENT/CCNA prep materials (eBooks & Trainsignal vids). I'm uncertain as to how I should time the use of the labs. In other words, would you recommend that I do each lab after the associated written/video material, or only at the very end, as a final preparation for the exam?

I welcome any thoughts on this, but especially from those who have gone through Bryant's materials. Thanks!

-Brian

Comments

• Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Doing as much lab-work as possible is recommended. (For both the test and for being able to do the work in the real world.) Since you won't get much out of the labs until you've done the reading, I'd suggest doing each lab or set of labs as you finish up reading sections of the material. After that, do labs to work on your weak areas, along with any additional brush-up reading, before you take the test.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    bmunroe wrote:
    In other words, would you recommend that I do each lab after the associated written/video material, or only at the very end, as a final preparation for the exam?

Both, and multiple times in between. You're not going to learn the material by doing it once as you go or in a cram session before the exam. You need repeated exposure to really have things sink in.
  • Options
    empc4000xlempc4000xl Member Posts: 322
    I would alternate days. There were days where the only thing I did was labs and I was use the book if I got stuck. But mainly just the lab books.
  • Options
    GlynixxGlynixx Member Posts: 138
    empc4000xl wrote:
    I would alternate days. There were days where the only thing I did was labs and I was use the book if I got stuck. But mainly just the lab books.

Empc4000xl & friends,
    did you also use the Bryant lab book or are there others you may have used? If so, which ones?

Thank you!
    Check out www.manager-tools.com for some great management training for free!
  • Options
    bmunroebmunroe Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□