Putting A+ / Network+ on Resumes and Business Cards

MisterAGMisterAG Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am just curious about the protocols regarding putting CompTIA certifications on your resume or business card.

I personally think that it looks more professional to list CompTIA certifications as:
CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+

Instead of:
A+, Network+

The problem, however, is that my employer would like to start listing some certifications on business cards, and putting CompTIA in front of the certs really starts taking up real estate, especially as you add on other certs. Am I required to put CompTIA on the business card, or can I get away with just putting the A+, Network+?

Regards.

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    CompTIA wrote:
    The parameters for use of any CompTIA trademark are as follows:

Any CompTIA logo must be accurately shown in proportion and orientation. Distorting or rotating the logo is not permitted.

Any CompTIA logo must not be incorporated into any other mark or symbol. It may not be used as a border on or around any item.

You may not use a CompTIA logo as part of either your name or your company's name.

The name of any CompTIA certification must not be without the word "CompTIA". For example: CompTIA A+ certified, NOT A+ certified; CompTIA Network+ certification, NOT Network+ certification.

No CompTIA Logo or Trademark may be used as a domain name or as a part of a domain name.

http://certification.comptia.org/resources/download_logo.aspx
  • MisterAGMisterAG Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ya, I thought so.

I was mostly hoping that only applied to using the logos.

Thanks.
  • brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    They want you to put it. However, because they are the only company that provides those titles, it makes it redundant.

In the real world, people leave off the CompTIA name though. When I got mine, I was surprised to read the usage rules, as I knew of NO ONE that actually put the name in their signature.

On a resume or anything official though, I see no reason not to write it all out.