Options

Finding registry keys that differentiate different Vista ver

StoticStotic Member Posts: 248
How would one go about finding registry keys that differentiate the different versions of Vista and also between a SP1 Vista and non-SP1 Vista?

Comments

• Options
    Tyrant1919Tyrant1919 Member Posts: 519 ■■■□□□□□□□
    regedit > edit > find ?????????
    A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
    MCSA:03/08/12/16 MCSE:03s/EA08/Core Infra
    CCNA
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    What are you trying to do?

If you've been updating along the way, you're non-SP1 machine is going to be nearly identical to your SP1 machine.
  • Options
    BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It's likely that there are numerous values in the registry that contain this information; manually hacking it would be a big NO-NO.
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • Options
    StoticStotic Member Posts: 248
    We justed deployed a Cisco NAC solution at a place where the machines aren't all identical images.
  • Options
    ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    Check the values in HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion. I don't have SP1 installed so I don't know which key contains the SP data.
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    ^ I think that key has the SP data in the previous NT oses, so you'll probably find in there in Vista
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I was going to suggest RegMon for Windows v7.04, but it appears to have been combined with FileMon for Windows v7.04 and replaced with Process Monitor v1.26.

All are great programs by Mark Russinovich who now works for Microsoft.
    All things are possible, only believe.