$800+.

i have over 7 years of tech support exp and finding that most of the ads for
jobs are looking for a+ and/or mcse and i figure a+ is a good place to
start.

thanks

Comments

• Options
    2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    If you have over 7 years in tech-support experience, I guess you should save yourself a few dollars and buy books instead of cbt's. You might end up investing 400 for everything (books,practice exams, and exam fee).

my 2c's.
    2lbs.
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    buy some books and get some equipment that you can play on
    A+ Moderator
  • Options
    tahjzhuantahjzhuan Member Posts: 288 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm more of a visual learner so I get the cbt's (www.cbtnuggets.com) whenever I can and read in the between time.
  • Options
    LexxdymondzLexxdymondz Member Posts: 356
    I'd go with the books and a computer to strip down and put back together. Then get yourself come OS's to play with and you should be fine.
  • Options
    JOblessELementJOblessELement Member Posts: 134
    ... a computer to strip down and put back together. Then get yourself come OS's to play with ...

Most people are kinaesthetic learners. I think with 7 years of experience, you have that aspect covered with plenty of hands-on experience. All you really need now is to cover all the itty gritty details that you have missed while at work or due to inability to update yourself with the latest hardware with the help of a book/CBT. Now that choice is entirely left to your budget.

Personally, I'd get a book and save on the extra 400 you'd spend on the class and buy one of these new sweet Dell 399 dolla PCs :D That's just me though - I can sense my PII400's in its dying stages ...
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.