Options

SMS ADMINISTRATOR

exit12exit12 Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi there,

Via the SMS ADministrator console, is it possible to send a package to a single machine? I'm not to familiar with SMS at all, and the environment / packages / collections etc.. for the domain have all been setup previosuly.
I'm really looking for some advice on how to send an app to a specific machine via SMS, rather than to a whole collection.

Thanks
Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again.

Comments

• Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The answer is a definate "yes", but we don't use SMS here so I can't walk you through the steps by memory. Anyway, this will at least bump your topic. :)
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    You can only advertise software to a collection, but you can create a collection of one computer. The easiest way is to run a query such as All Client Systems, right-click on the PC you want, select Distribute Software, and then follow the wizard.

Of course I am assuming that you already have a software package created and defined in SMS and that your are using SMS 2003.
  • Options
    127.0.0.1127.0.0.1 Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I worked with SMS before, man is that a pain to work with! It took me hours to figure it out and I couldn't get the Client Installation to work on any computers.
  • Options
    KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I know itidiots had an SMS video, I think?
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • Options
    ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    CCENT wrote:
    I worked with SMS before, man is that a pain to work with! It took me hours to figure it out and I couldn't get the Client Installation to work on any computers.

This is why, after 8 years of working with SMS, that I never actually have to look for a job. icon_wink.gif