Options

Prometric center closed until April 7th

I tried to schedule a Microsoft exam last week and now today and it says this particular exam has no dates available, which makes me think the exam center is close permanently.

I finally called today and the representative from the center and he said they are closed until April 7th.

I asked him to check the website because we should be able to make exam dates for the future, correct?

This whole thing doesn't make sense.
CCNA, A+. MCP(70-270. 70-290), Dell SoftSkills

Comments

• Options
    SchluepSchluep Member Posts: 346
    Maybe they are remodeling, dealing with an insect problem, moving to a new location, recovering from a burst water line, recovering from a fire, or some other issue that doesn't mean they are closing permanantly. It is also possible that the test center employees are being re-trained by Microsoft or another company such as Prometric, Cisco, and so on for some a violation that may have been reported regarding their testing procedures. It could be a small test center and everyone is on vacation. I could go on for several pages outlining possible scenarios as to why they would need to close for two weeks.

It is possible they aren't certain they will re-open on the 7th or they have been more concerned with the immediate issue at hand than to update their schedule.

Trying to read any more into it will make you go crazy, and you really only have two choices. Regardless of the cause of the delay, you can either wait it out and then schedule the exam or schedule it at a different test center. I travelled over 5 hours from Pittsburgh to Cincinatti when I took the CISSP exam rather than wait another 3 months. If you really want to take it now see what is available in the surrounding area if there are no other test centers in the town/city where you live.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Back when Prometric did Cisco exams, my favorite Prometric Testing Center was unavailable after an "audit" -- and wasn't available again until they implemented the "audit suggestions" and were re-inspected.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    GoldmemberGoldmember Member Posts: 277
    Schluep wrote:
    Maybe they are remodeling, dealing with an insect problem, moving to a new location, recovering from a burst water line, recovering from a fire, or some other issue that doesn't mean they are closing permanantly. It is also possible that the test center employees are being re-trained by Microsoft or another company such as Prometric, Cisco, and so on for some a violation that may have been reported regarding their testing procedures. It could be a small test center and everyone is on vacation. I could go on for several pages outlining possible scenarios as to why they would need to close for two weeks.

It is possible they aren't certain they will re-open on the 7th or they have been more concerned with the immediate issue at hand than to update their schedule.

Trying to read any more into it will make you go crazy, and you really only have two choices. Regardless of the cause of the delay, you can either wait it out and then schedule the exam or schedule it at a different test center. I travelled over 5 hours from Pittsburgh to Cincinatti when I took the CISSP exam rather than wait another 3 months. If you really want to take it now see what is available in the surrounding area if there are no other test centers in the town/city where you live.

2 weeks = spring break

I just wanted to know why prometric website says there are no available exam dates ever...meaning when I click on the exam it says there are no exams dates before I even get to the schedule or calendar.
    CCNA, A+. MCP(70-270. 70-290), Dell SoftSkills
  • Options
    SchluepSchluep Member Posts: 346
    Goldmember wrote:
    I just wanted to know why prometric website says there are no available exam dates ever...meaning when I click on the exam it says there are no exams dates before I even get to the schedule or calendar.

If I really had to guess I would bet on it being exactly the scenario Mike described in his post. It certainly would make sense as one of many plausible explanations especially considering no future dates appear to be available.