Options

How to break a password

javasjavas Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi! everyone. please can you help me on how to break a XP password if you are locked or forgottenn your password without re-instoring the operating systems thus loosing some very important information.

Comments

• Options
    darkuserdarkuser Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
    1. boot backtrack
    2. use john the ripper or rainbow tables to crack the windows sam database
    rm -rf /
  • Options
    seuss_ssuesseuss_ssues Member Posts: 629
    There are several ways to address this problem. The easiest is to boot of of something like the ultimate boot cd that has a password change/removal option. From my experience with this type of tool it works better to set a blank password rather than changing it.

I could tell you the name of the CD that i use, but unfortunately i dont know it. My buddy was tired of everyone "borrowing" his cd and named it "Desperate Housewives season 1" so that none of his friends were interested in it and when i made a copy i just wrote Desperate on it.

shouldnt be hard to google and find an answer though
  • Options
    CabbageThe1CabbageThe1 Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Have you tryed booting into safe mode and using the admin account to change your password? I have used that trick many times before, but if you have a password on the admin account then well...have fun.

There is also a lot of freeware out there that you can use that will "crack" your password most of the time they will crack it in about an hour or so. If I could remember what the software was called then I would tell you, you may just have to google it!

Booting into safe mode will be you best bet!

Good Luck :D
    If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style!