Options

Passed yesterday with 797 - Overstudied??

rhodesadrhodesad Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed the Security+ exam yesterday with a 797. Made a big mistake by changing 3 of my answers at the end of the test. One question on the Kerberos port stumped me. I had not seen that in any of my study material.

I used Exam Cram, study notes here on TechExams, wikepedia, and a couple of study guides I found on google from the following search string: security+ study guide filetype:pdf

I think I may have absorbed too much detailed info instead of keeping it simple. I thought I would have scored in the high 800s.

I used the CompTia objectives 1 for 1 to ensure I studied everything.

Next is CISSP as I'm one of the only managers who doesn't have it here in my Federal Gov't job. (peer pressure).

Comments

• Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass :D
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Congrats!

I want to mention also that CompTIA does have an undisclosed amount of "Unscored" questions on their exams. These are usually questions they use to get an idea of what they might want to add or change on their exams. You never know, maybe the question(s) that stumped you were one of these type of questions.
  • Options
    msnelgrovemsnelgrove Member Posts: 167
    Congrats on the pass! I also had a port related question regarding kerberos that I wouldn't have known unless I was looking over port #'s right before I left to take my test.
  • Options
    Tyrant1919Tyrant1919 Member Posts: 519 ■■■□□□□□□□
    88? That was well covered by Transcenders.
    A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
    MCSA:03/08/12/16 MCSE:03s/EA08/Core Infra
    CCNA
  • Options
    mog27mog27 Member Posts: 302
    Moral of this thread.... Know that Kerberos uses port 88 before you take the sec+ test. :D
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Ben Franklin

"The internet is a great way to get on the net." --Bob Dole
  • Options
    AnwardAnward Member Posts: 73 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congratz!!!!

thanx guys for the tip.
    Remember that when things seems to be going against you, remember that the plane takes off against the wind and not with it
  • Options
    franco67franco67 Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    any tricky question ? or environmental question on the exam ?
  • Options
    SSjiSSji Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! not long and im gonna start studying for mine :)