Wireshark 1.0.0 released!

JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,078 Admin
Wireshark 1.0.0 has finally been released. The 0.9.x releases have been so stable that I'm not sure 1.0.0 is a big deal (except for the bug fixes), but here it is: http://www.wireshark.org/docs/relnotes/wireshark-1.0.0.html

Download Wireshark: http://www.wireshark.org/download.html

Comments

• SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    It's about time. Thanks for the link, JDMurray, I've been wondering when they'd make it to the first "official" release. (I'm just waiting for the April Fool's joke, on this one. icon_lol.gif )

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,078 Admin
    I already fell for this April Fool's Day joke: Sguil Project Acquired by Cisco.
    I'm not sure if it was available before, but it's very interesting that WireShark can be downloaded as a U3 and PortableApps installer. That'll be very handy for running tests against some of my customers' servers, and not have to install any software. (Doing installs makes some of my clients nervous.)

• shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    JDMurray wrote:
    I already fell for this April Fool's Day joke: Sguil Project Acquired by Cisco.

Got me as well when I first read another posting about it.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,078 Admin
    Slowhand wrote:
    I'm not sure if it was available before, but it's very interesting that WireShark can be downloaded as a U3 and PortableApps installer. That'll be very handy for running tests against some of my customers' servers, and not have to install any software. (Doing installs makes some of my clients nervous.)
    I downloaded and installed the U3 version on my SanDisk Titianium for the same reason and it seems to work fine.
    Well, if you're going to use a security-oriented tool, you've got to have the right hardware for the job. Glad to hear that the U3 version works, I've been testing out the PortableApps version on a client system today. Aside from installing WinPcap, (then uninstalling it once you close WireShark,) the whole ordeal is seamless.