Scans of all devices for software and configuration

StoticStotic Member Posts: 248
Hey guys,

I'm researching a software suite or application that can evaluate threats on our network's servers, software and configurations. We want to set it up so these evaluations are delivered on a weekly basis so the threat database should be consistently updated. I'm wondering what you guys use in your organizations or if you could recommend something? We're not looking to get into any huge software packages, but just more of a bare essentials thing. It seems that every product I find includes a million other things therefore increasing the price a lot!

If anyone can help me, I thank you very much!

Comments

• royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    royal wrote:

x2
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • darkuserdarkuser Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
    all good .... one to add

"nessus"
    rm -rf /
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Not sure on pricing, but I've always like Harris STAT. I don't care for Nessus unless you really need "free" or run a lot of linux boxes.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    sprkymrk wrote:
    Not sure on pricing, but I've always like Harris STAT. I don't care for Nessus unless you really need "free" or run a lot of linux boxes.

Nessus is great for a free security tool if you are running Windows or Linux or anything really. I'm surprised to see you don't think much of it.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!