Options

Question about Networking Infrastructure 70-291

halflife78halflife78 Member Posts: 122
I have seen alot of people compare the networking infrastructure test to the Network+ test, how true is this? I am almost prepped to take my Network+ and just finished my CCNA and if this test strongly relates to those 2 I would like to try and take it first since everything will be fresh in my mind. Thanks for the input.

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    The Network+ exam provides a good basis for the 291 exam, but surely the 291 exam goes a lot further, in much more detail, and most importantly, the MS-way.

icon_arrow.gifwww.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-291.asp

The Network+ exam, like most CompTIA exam, is a basic entry-level exam once passed proves you know the concepts. What to use when. But for the MS exam you will actually have to know how to configure and implements those concepts in a Windows 2003 environment.

Might not be a bad idea at all though, to take this exam first since you just passed the CCNA exam and it 'is' still networking.

If you don't mind me asking, why are you taking the Network+ exam while you are already a CCNA? Don't you think that's a bit like painting the lily...? ;)
  • Options
    halflife78halflife78 Member Posts: 122
    I didn't plan on taking Network+ at first, but I scan jobs in my area weekly and I have seen about 6 jobs wanting a combination of A+, Network+, and CCNA lately. One job would only accept people with both CCNA and Network+ for about 55k a year which is alot in my area. Also, I am doing N+ for my MCSA on the way to my MCSE. I have a timeline until school, Jan-Feb for CCNA, March for N+, April-May for A+. Yea I know icon_cool.gif I am taking them backwards from the order I should take them in.