Options

Organization??

vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
What do you guys do/use at work to keep yourself organized? I find myself pondering what I actually did for the day when entering stuff into Track-It. Or I have sticky notes all over the place. icon_lol.gif

So what do you do/use to keep your work stuff organized?

Comments

• Options
    leefdaddy7leefdaddy7 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What do you guys do/use at work to keep yourself organized? I find myself pondering what I actually did for the day when entering stuff into Track-It. Or I have sticky notes all over the place. icon_lol.gif

So what do you do/use to keep your work stuff organized?

I've been looking for something myself, besides outlook tasks and calendar... I've heard very good things about One Note by Microsoft and will probably try that out...
  • Options
    hettyhetty Member Posts: 394
    I put stuff in to the Outlook tasks and that synchronises to my iPaq. I set reminders and organise categories similar to GTD. I use Agenda One because i like the way it categorises tasks over the normal Windows Mobile method. Very customisable too, but I only use the tasks part of it.

I heard about the Randy Pausch lecture on time management & organisation on YouTube and was surprised how good it was. Its about an hour long but there is a lot of good information in it. And if you think you need to get back on track you can just play it again.
  • Options
    vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    thanks for the link hetty :D
  • Options
    malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
    hey,

a great way to organise your work other than your email calendar is using a program called free sticky notes.

www.freestickynotes.com - it's freeware and I use itall the time to jog my memory when I get distracted (usually about 7 hours a day), check it out!

cheers
    malc
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I absolutely love OneNote. It helps me organize my notes very well. I use my Outlook calendar of course. I have 2 hard drives inside my laptop. I have a Robocopy batch script so when I make modifications to specific files in directories like client data, I save, exit, run the batch script, and it mirrors the data from the specific source directories to the target directories on my 2nd drive.

I've never used tasks in outlook though. For the most part, I remember what I need to get done on a given day and get it done. I really don't have a whole lot going on at a given time though. It's either work at a client, studying/labs, meetings. Nothing a calendar won't tell you.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks