Options

298 down

mrjawbonesmrjawbones Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
Passed the 298 the other day with a 919. I had 5 case studies. I found the timing of each testlet to be the most challenging. It pretty much took me the entire time for each one and on one of them I clicked the answer with 5 seconds left. I think I just stressed too much over some of the questions because I was paranoid that I was missing a detail in the case study. I'm glad to have this one behind me because it was BY FAR the hardest one to study for. My preparation was approx. as follows...about 85% MeasureUp, 10% Transcender, and about 5% CBT Nuggets.

Now I just need the 293 & 294 to get the MCSE w/ Security. Finally there is light at the end of the tunnel! :)
WIP: CEH
Next: CCNA

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish.

Comments

• Options
    colebertcolebert Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Interesting that you did 298 before 293 and 294. Conventional wisdom is to at least do 293 soon after 291.
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    mrjawbonesmrjawbones Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    colebert wrote:
    Interesting that you did 298 before 293 and 294. Conventional wisdom is to at least do 293 soon after 291.

Yeah I know, but it worked out weird for me because my employer is starting to transition me into more of a network security role and since we had a ton of Microsoft training credits, they sent me to the MOC's all the way thru the MCSA:S which means I did the 299 to finish that out. To finish up the track and get the E is all on me (although they still pay my exam costs). So based on the way that whole scenario played out, to me the logical choice seemed to be the 298 since it is closely related to the 299. Now I'm having to backtrack and pickup the 293 & 4.
    WIP: CEH
    Next: CCNA

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish.
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations on the pass, and good luck on the rest of your exams.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    mshilungamshilunga Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    stormking wrote:
    Passed the 298 the other day with a 919. I had 5 case studies. I found the timing of each testlet to be the most challenging. It pretty much took me the entire time for each one and on one of them I clicked the answer with 5 seconds left. I think I just stressed too much over some of the questions because I was paranoid that I was missing a detail in the case study. I'm glad to have this one behind me because it was BY FAR the hardest one to study for. My preparation was approx. as follows...about 85% MeasureUp, 10% Transcender, and about 5% CBT Nuggets.

Now I just need the 293 & 294 to get the MCSE w/ Security. Finally there is light at the end of the

yo all i need is 298 then i will get my MCSE ,,is this all that you used!!!to pass
    once we’ve mastered the art of diligence, we can use it in any important area of our lives, in any endeavor or pursuit to achieve incredible outcomes.