Options

BSCI: IS-IS/OSI suite

yukkyyukky Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm having a tough time memorizing all the terminology for the OSI suite for the IS-IS section of the BSCI. Does anyone have any links or any pointers to help me?

I still haven't perfected that textbook osmosis yet. The book just sits on top of my head.
Buying hardware for a home lab is addicting-- (Need.. more.. toys...) **(need.. more.. money)

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    It's just like learning TCP/IP -- you're not supposed to memorize anything, you're supposed to suffer until you learn it. icon_lol.gif

It does help if you find a graphic on the NSAP Addressing Structure, print it out, and use that while reading and doing some hands on practice. But learn and understand it -- don't memorize it.

Once you get through the OSI Protocol stuff, then IS-IS isn't that bad at all -- and it actually makes some sense.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    yukkyyukky Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The official cert library book makes it appear as if Cisco is a large supporter of ISIS. I guess it really does have its merits ;)
    Buying hardware for a home lab is addicting-- (Need.. more.. toys...) **(need.. more.. money)