Options

Passed 70-351

doom969doom969 Member Posts: 304
Well, I just did 70-351 and I passed with 942.
It was harder than I tought, I was actually very surprised with my score.
Being that there is no official training kit from microsoft and almost no books ou there, I just reviewed stuff from my 70-350 exam. Well I found out I did not study the right things icon_wink.gif
There was almost only questions about VPN, a little bit of caching and and rules config , etc...
The balance of the different subjects was way off, and many questions where very strangely asked.... Almost feeled like a beta exam !

Anyway, I'm very glad I passed and this just gave me 3 new certs :
MCSE Security
MCSA Security
MCTS ISA2006, Configuring

Yay !
I'm gonna have a few beers tonight !

As always, thanks to TE, and everyone here.
Doom969
MCITP (EST - EA ) - MCT
A+ - IBM - SBSS2K3 - CISCO_SMB
CompTIA : A+

Comments

• Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    doom969 wrote:
    Well, I just did 70-351 and I passed with 942.
    It was harder than I tought, I was actually very surprised with my score.
    Being that there is no official training kit from microsoft and almost no books ou there, I just reviewed stuff from my 70-350 exam. Well I found out I did not study the right things icon_wink.gif
    There was almost only questions about VPN, a little bit of caching and and rules config , etc...
    The balance of the different subjects was way off, and many questions where very strangely asked.... Almost feeled like a beta exam !

Anyway, I'm very glad I passed and this just gave me 3 new certs :
    MCSE Security
    MCSA Security
    MCTS ISA2006, Configuring

Yay !
    I'm gonna have a few beers tonight !

As always, thanks to TE, and everyone here.

glad I could be of service icon_wink.gif

congrats on the pass and please have a beer for me (no drinking until 291 is done... icon_sad.gif )
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    doom969doom969 Member Posts: 304
    Thank you,
    and no worries, i'll have that beer for you ! drunken_smilie.gif
    Doom969
    MCITP (EST - EA ) - MCT
    A+ - IBM - SBSS2K3 - CISCO_SMB
    CompTIA : A+
  • Options
    lpil32008@hotmail.comlpil32008@hotmail.com Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    would u mnd tell me 70-351 exam have how many questions need ans?
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats.

I may eventually do 70-351. I know know rules, web listeners, system policy rules, enterprise arrays, CARP, Intra Communications Array, NLB, etc...

I just haven't done any of the VPN stuff. I do know a little such as you can use either AD Group Lookups or Radius. That's about it.

Would you say all I would really have to learn is the VPN stuff and I should be good for the exam?
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    Just setup a site to site VPN in a lab, Royal, and you'll do fine. Otherwise, just be familiar with basically how to setup different VPN scenarios. The VPN stuff is not hard at all. I never setup a VPN prior to taking the exam with ISA outside of a lab, and I did fine.
    Good luck to all!
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The only reason I figured I would never do the ISA exam because I thought there would be stuff like Secure NAT, forward proxying, WPAD, BITS Caching, etc... None of that I even want to bother looking at. But I just looked up the requirements and it looks like none of that is in there. So I think just doing a quick learn on VPN and I should be good to go.

Thanks HP.

I wish I did 70-298 so I could just get my MCSE:S but my employer required me to do 70-297 due to us doing a lot of AD design. I did do 70-299 though and I remember a lot of the stuff with Radius, Policies, MS-CHAP v2 v1, SPAP, PAP, EAP-TLS, EAP-MSCHAP, PEAP, Access Point Security, Etc...
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    RichAsskikrRichAsskikr Member Posts: 51 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just passed 70-351 with a nice score of 976, which has given me MCSA!

Like others on here, I just studied the 70-350 stuff.

On to MCSE now !! :D