DVD Player issues

Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
I have a 5 disc home theater DVD system. It's 4 or 5 years old now. For the past few months I've noticed that movies (including new movies) were skipping right away in certain carousels. It has gotten to the point where movies were only playing correctly out of 1 carousel. That is until last night when my wife and I were watching a movie.... Everything worked great up until half way through the movie. Once it got to that point it started skipping so bad that it was unwatchable.

I ended up grabbing a DVD player from another TV and hooking up to my big screen. The movie played just fine on that system... Downside is that it was component video and was not using my surround sound.

I was thinking about using my best buy gift card from Christmas to pick up a DVD lens cleaner, but I don't know that, that will help. I'm thinking that the Carousel is out of alignment, in which case I don't know that I can fix that myself.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    There's only one laser/lens right? If it was dirty, it would affect all carousels equally.

I think it's time for a 360 or PS3 :D
  • vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    bad cables or dirty lens? Maybe both??
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    dynamik wrote:
    There's only one laser/lens right? If it was dirty, it would affect all carousels equally.

True, the laser/lens should affect all carousels the same, that's kind of why I was thinking it might be an alignment issue.

Well, I think I know where my "Stimulus Tax rebate" will end up icon_lol.gif

FadeToBright:

I hadn't really thought about the cables being an issue. I just noticed I misspoke in my original post, the other DVD player was using Composite not Component. Component is what the Home Theater DVD player is using.... Which I do not have spare cables for, but I can probably hook it up with composite and see if it has any trouble playing.
  • vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    dynamik wrote:

True, the laser/lens should affect all carousels the same, that's kind of why I was thinking it might be an alignment issue.

Well, I think I know where my "Stimulus Tax rebate" will end up icon_lol.gif

FadeToBright:

I hadn't really thought about the cables being an issue. I just noticed I misspoke in my original post, the other DVD player was using Composite not Component. Component is what the Home Theater DVD player is using.... Which I do not have spare cables for, but I can probably hook it up with composite and see if it has any trouble playing.

Cables cause so really weird issues. icon_mad.gif