70-620 or 70-270 which one is generally known to be easier?

BZ3BZ3 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Which OS exam is generally known to be the easier of the two? (I've never taken a MS test before) I need to pass a client OS exam for MCSA as quickly as I can. Also, which study methods have been most successful for you? (For example, in what order do you usually do reading, CBT, practice test....etc.?) icon_confused.gif
Life wasn't meant to be spent sitting in a cubicle all day listening to eight different bosses drone on about mission statements

Comments

• Tyrant1919Tyrant1919 Member Posts: 519 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Take the Vista+ exam. icon_cool.gif I did...
    A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
    MCSA:03/08/12/16 MCSE:03s/EA08/Core Infra
    CCNA
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    At this point in the game, I'd do 70-620, if I were you. It counts as the desktop exam towards MCSA, MCSE, and MCITP: Enterprise Administrator. I don't think there's too much of a difference between the XP and Vista exams, in terms of difficulty, so go for the Vista if you're able.

As for the order of studying. What I like to do is start with video training, like CBT Nuggets, to get an overview of the topics. Then, I'll either read the book or work my way through something like TestOut to get a deeper understanding of all the concepts. While I'm doing this, I try to work as much as I can with a hands-on lab. Usually, you'll find lab-suggestions and exercises at the end of each chapter in the book(s). Working with Virtual PC or VMware, getting your lab set up should be easy enough. You'll have to double-check, but it used to be that you got 180-day trial software with the MS Press book, so that might be a good option for having what you need to practice. Double-check on the software, though, I'm not 100% sure they still give away the discs with the books.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.