Options

Passed... Barely

adamdrayeradamdrayer Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
I was all setup for a major cram session on Friday, when I had a laptop's hard drive crash on me. I went in to the test a little colder than I expected and was surprised to see I squeaked by.

I am glad that it's over. That test was pretty brutal. They grouped alot of my questions together, and I got all the stuff I don't know in the beginning. That was a major confidence blow.

I read somewhere in these forums about a question on the test. How do you make a router uni-directional? I didn't understand what he was talkig about at the time, but i had a question like that.

Most predominant topics I remember:

Dynamic DNS
DNS delegation
Designing DNS zones
Routing
DHCP across multiple subnets
WINS across multiple subnets

As i stated before, I hope this doesn't constitute a braindump, and I guess the sysadmin will delete it if it does. It's just that the above topics were ones I skimmed over the in books.

Also, there wasn't as much abourt RAS as I thought there would be, but alot of the questions that WERE about RAS involved remote access solutions containg both 2000 and NT machines.

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    Congratulations on slaying the beast. A pass is a pass. sit back and relax. icon_wink.gif
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    pandimuspandimus Member Posts: 651
    Pass is a pass.. Good job..
    Xinxing is the hairy one.
  • Options
    rcsnydleyrcsnydley Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratz on the pass. The "Beast" is behind you now.
  • Options
    lsealslseals Member Posts: 240
    Congrats
    24 Hours in a day...24 Beers in a case...Coincidence?
  • Options
    PavlovPavlov Member Posts: 264
    Yes yes - a pass is a pass is a pass icon_cool.gif Congrats on slaying the Beast and thanks for the input to help others yet to take the exam.

In answer to your concerns... no, your post does not fit what we call a braindump. If you came here and posted specific questions you had and more detail about the exam itself... i.e., "I had to drop Srvr A to the top box, then Router A to the...." you get my point icon_wink.gif

It's good to have some feedback from the recent testers so that we can better help those seeking it. Thank you again for letting us know which areas this exam is still focusing on.

DNS DNS DNS DNS DNS DNS DNS
    DDNS DDNS DDNS DDNS DDNS

Yes - DNS and your complete understanding of it is absolutely a necessity for this exam.
    Pavlov
    A+, Net+, i-Net+, CIW-A
    MCP NT4, MCSA 2K, MCSE 2K