Options

A+ questions....

nyma96nyma96 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm taking a+ core tomorrow and I was trying out the practice exam from test out and they asked some weird questions and Im trying to find out if they ask questions like that on the real test....
Question: Person from remote office calls with a problem and you give the solution but the person does not under stand what you're saying. what do you do?
1. ask for supervisor
2. ask them to call another person
3. go out to remote office

the choices were something like that .....do core questions ask how you should deal with people too???and for some reason I get a lousy score on this practice test but I get pretty good scores on other practice test....it's my first test and Im kinda worried...
Thanks In Advance...

Comments

• Options
    2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    You should be getting a 90 or higher score average on all reputed practice exam softwares. If you're getting less than 90; try studing more becuase it's worth it.

I don't know if that question is on the core; but if the practice exam you're using asks you this question, it is more than likely it's on the real exam and you should be getting a good score on those questions too.

best of luck
    2lbs.
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • Options
    pandimuspandimus Member Posts: 651
    I cannot remember very clearly if it was on the hardware, or the os, but i do remember questions familiar to this.. This is basically to get you to get good customer service skills. As a computer repair tech, you will deal with all sorts of people. You dont wanna insult someone by asking for their supervisor, or asking for someone more technically inclined. Basically it is just to get you to realize the human factor is sometimes involved in the repair process.
    Xinxing is the hairy one.
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    These help-desk type of questions can occur on either Core or OS.

Generally, take the answer that is least likely to insult the caller and/or result in receiving the best information for analysis.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    customer support type questions are mentioned in the objectives
    A+ Moderator
  • Options
    Thanks all
    Passed the core yesterday...On to OS...
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats on the pass!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    congrats.

did you get any customer support questions?
    A+ Moderator
  • Options
    2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    Congratulations on the pass. icon_lol.gif
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • Options
    Thank god I asked this question cause I got one....
    The question was similar to what I asked...
    One thing I hate about A+ format is that you dont know what you got wrong...so...if you werent too sure and guessed an answer, you never know how you really did...are all tests like this? not show you what was wrong??? I mean by specific questions not a broad range of installation and etc...
    I didnt do that good...when I finished the test I thought I had failed...but didnt...got 601...which isnt that great...I wish to study up on the things I didnt get...even though I passed...it will be for my own good...even though a pass is a pass...601 and 850 sure makes a big difference...
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congrats again :D

Yes, all test are like that, they never show which questions you got wrong or right. If someone fails, and retakes the exam he or she will know the answer to several questions. Apart from that, the answers to all questions would be on the web in less than a day...

What's next? Network+?
  • Options
    bighuskerbighusker Member Posts: 147
    IMHO, people shouldn't get so hung up on their scores. They really aren't that important, so long as you passed. Because there are so many variables that are different for each person (different questions, different test facility, etc), you'll see some different scores.

Also, most people have been scoring in the 550-650 range as of late. Ever since CompTIA adopted the new linear format for the 2003 test, the scores have been much lower. Most of the people who have taken it recently thought they did much better than their score indicated, and that's probably true. I think CompTIA has some weird-ass scoring system that takes away a lot of points for the first couple of missed questions, and less points for additional missed questions. I don't know that to be true, but that's my theory.

I hope I don't come across as picking on you nyma, but I just thought I would throw in my 2 cents...congrats on the pass.