Watchguard Certification?

kovokovo Member Posts: 122
Has anyone got any Watchguard certification? interested in the study material available. Any comments about the product, any one who works with Watchguard firewall's often?

Cheers

Comments

• rwtodd2007rwtodd2007 Member Posts: 10 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I don't know how well the certs are, but the product is pretty solid. Its the only router/firewall we recommend and sell to customers. Setup is pretty easy, and its rare that something ever goes wrong with them.
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    I have a watchguard X500 with fireware pro. I don't have any certs for it, but i know they offer them.

Even though I absolutely love my watchguard, I'm not sure I'll ever pursue it. Unless you work for them or want to work for watchguard or maybe work with them exclusively, I'm not sure it's really worth it. Not that it would be bad to have them, I don't think there is a high demand for them.

Watchguard advertises training on there website. You need to have a login to see the training stuff. You should have a login anyways for software upgrades, patches, forums, ect...
    https://www.watchguard.com/training/

Psst! The forums at watchguard basically provide free tech support. There are watchguard employees in the forums.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)