Options

Fresh CCNA and Requesting Assistance

JamesdeanielJamesdeaniel Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone,

I recently passed the CCNA (2/22/0icon_cool.gif, and I am still making the same wages I was prior to passing the exam... I was promised this and that, but none of it was in writing. I like this company and everything but come on!!!!!!!! I have also started studying for the BSCI, and I know its going to take me some time to get up to CCNP status but I'm hungry for another Cisco cert!!. But anyways.... Does anyone have any suggestions for sites/ads/people that can help find a better position to expand my IT/Networking knowledge??? Any/all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    (2/22/0icon_cool.gif

**thats supposed to be 2008
  • Options
    hypnotoadhypnotoad Banned Posts: 915
    When does your company's fiscal year end? Maybe they've got big plans for you in the budget.

Probably not, though.
  • Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Jamesdeaniel:

Where are you located... what type of experience do you have? Are you looking for a position working as a contractor/consultant?

~Peanut Head
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Hello everyone,

I recently passed the CCNA (2/22/0icon_cool.gif, and I am still making the same wages I was prior to passing the exam... I was promised this and that, but none of it was in writing. I like this company and everything but come on!!!!!!!! I have also started studying for the BSCI, and I know its going to take me some time to get up to CCNP status but I'm hungry for another Cisco cert!!. But anyways.... Does anyone have any suggestions for sites/ads/people that can help find a better position to expand my IT/Networking knowledge??? Any/all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Stay where you are if you haven't been there long and you can get experience there. Companies do not automatically give raises for certification accomplishments, if they did network support would never get done! Demonstrate what you have learned at work and push (politely) for more money. Add to which you don't want to be job hopping too much in this climate. Of course I don't know your personal situation but some things to consider there. Good job by the way and good luck with Cisco!
  • Options
    I'm located down in San Diego, and I would be interested in doing some consulting/contracting.