Options

Just impulse bought two switches, good idea or no?...

zenzenzenzen Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
I just searched on ebay for a 2950T switch, 24 ports. I read they have enhanced IOS(I think I read that anyway) and they had like 2 minutes left on auction, and I got one for around 134 bucks shipping included and one for like 145 or so, shipping included. Here was the exact description of of each auction:

CISCO WS-C2950T-24 2950T 24-Port 10/100 CATALYST SW -NR

Now, no other information was given about the product, I believe it comes with a cord something seemed to be in a bag in front of it. The mount brackets were on the switch pictured, which is great because my rack gets here on Monday. I didn't have time to email him so I just bought them anyways cause I saw just about all the other ones for like 250 at the time.

So, did I just waste tons of money or may I have gotten a bit lucky. I'd be happy to just have paid the norm for them.

btw, the seller apparently is a government surplus reseller and only tested it to power on. hopefully they actually work. one last related question, is max'ing the memory a must on switches and does IOS matter so much on them, in relation to how important it is for routers.

I have another question but didn't want to start a new thread on it...
How important is MCSE and the like for a position listing CCNA as the main requirement? I have been reading that people who are cisco certified actually touch cisco equipment maybe 10% of the time and the rest of the time they're doing MS stuff. I kinda want to get away from MS lol, maybe I'll get Linux+ too

Comments