Options

Passed 620 on Saturday

gordonahgordonah Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed 620 on Saturday.
I was lurking on this board for tips in advance, so I thought it only fair to report in. I'm never sure how to comment on my exam due to NDA restrictions (which I fully agree with), but here goes.

I'm not using Vista in a business context yet, but even so I found this exam relatively straight forward. There did seem to be quite a few questions on knowing a specific option name, for example when configuring a new connection, so the best advice for that is just to 'play' with the OS a bit.
Aside from the need to know specific options, questions were largely fair and around knowing which new functionality / app did what, and requirements around them, with a spread of question across the whole area (I thought I got a lot of network ones, but it may just seem that way as they came up early).

I used PrepLogic audio CDs for my initial intro (I have a long drive to / from work, so this works for me). They don't go the detail level you need to pass, but get the subjects in higher level concepts drilled in.
Apart from that I really just used playing with a Vista client, and lots of web research. To make sure I was on the right lines, in the last week I used Exam Crams practice questions in the few days before the exam.

All in all for anyone with good Windows client experience, this exam should not cause too much trouble.

Regards
Gordon

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congratulations and welcome on board!
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    danclarkedanclarke Member Posts: 160
    Congratulations - what mark did you get?
    -- Dan
  • Options
    gordonahgordonah Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    RoRsChAcHRoRsChAcH Member Posts: 31 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Thanks for posting your experience.
  • Options
    whistlerwhistler Member Posts: 108
    Congrats.

I will be taking it this Friday.
  • Options
    RS_MCPRS_MCP Member Posts: 352