Options

cisco made me nervous Cisco wants you back!

darkuserdarkuser Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
cisco sent me this and i panicked !!!
logged in and i dont expire on anything till next year ?
i wonder what's up ...
my ccie written did expire but i didnt think that was part of this system.

Cisco wants you back!
As a networking professional whose certification has lapsed, you’re probably asking yourself the following questions:

Should I get recertified?
I have a new role, do certifications matter?
Do employers value Cisco certifications?
We believe the answer to these questions is a resounding, “Yes!”

Recertification ensure competency.

Here’s why:
Cisco Career Certifications are one of the highest ranking certifications in the IT industry. In fact, many IT professionals and managers believe Cisco certifications bring them more value than their university or technical school diploma! What’s more, Cisco is employing new security measures designed to safeguard the integrity of your certification — and protect its value with employers. A Cisco certification lets the world know you are prepared for what’s next in networking — the next company, the next promotion and the next challenge.

So, what’s holding you back?
Cisco exams can be rewarding and challenging at the same time — that’s another reason they are so highly valued by IT professionals and employers alike, and now is the time to reinvest in your future.

For a limited time, Cisco is inviting those whose certifications have lapsed to “Come Back” with a special offer. Register and take any Cisco certification exam at the regular price, and — if you don’t succeed on your first try — you’ll get a free second opportunity to pass the exam and Come Back! *

Come back to Cisco Career Certifications – For details on this special offer or to schedule your Cisco certification exam at a Pearson VUE test center today, visitwww.pearsonvue.com/cisco/comeback

Click here to view the Cisco recertification policy. Wishing you the best on your career investment.

Cisco Career Certifications

* Both the full price and free “Come Back” exams must be taken between April 21, 2008, and October 15, 2008. The free exam must be the same exam number as the exam you failed.
rm -rf /

Comments

• Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Don't worry. I got this as well. I did CCNA in 1999 and CCNP in 2001. Iam now officially cisco certless. Does that mean I know nothing about cisco. According to the cert profile..yup!
  • Options
    KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It is good to know about CCNA and basic cisco router/switch knowledge, but if you are not working with it on daily basic. Then at the end, you will give up after few years.
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Kasor wrote:
    It is good to know about CCNA and basic cisco router/switch knowledge, but if you are not working with it on daily basic. Then at the end, you will give up after few years.

The point Turgon was making is that the CCIE/DE do not have any prerequisites, unlike the CCNP (for example), which requires a CCNA. Therefore, it looks like he will be a R&S CCIE with no CCNP or CCNA.