Options

3500 Issue

KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
I have a 3500 with T1 DSU/CSU somewhere drop off from a connection between two site.

I checked the cable from the Verzion circuit box to the Switches. Cable is OK. I talk to Vz and they told me that he can loop to the Verzion circuit box. So, I changed the interface card from the switch. I still get "light" on AL.

I setup another router, but I still get "light" on AL.

OK, now something is not right. If the cable is good from the tester (I'm sure the tester is working), then I replaced with another router that I'm sure is working. Something telling me that Verizon Tech is B.S me about their T1 line.

I spend few good hours to ensure that the connection is at other end office, not the HQ.

Anyone have something similar scenario....? This is the first time that my Tech cannot figure out to fix this issue and being push around by Verzion.

I have to call Verzion tomorrow to fire them up and I appreciate for any type of input that you guys can tell me.

Thank you

Trouble day with the Cisco Router (A hand-on training on a CCNA)
Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn

Comments

• Options
    KalabinKalabin Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    So, the Verizon tech in the CO did a loopback on the circuit from where? I know in our CO if a customer order's a T1 circuit from ATT they have to shoot through us since we own the copper pair's. So our CO Tech's will do a loop back here in the Central Office on the DSX panel shooting toward's ATT's equipment. Did they verify connectivity from their equipment at your location back to the CO?

Generally speaking, special circuit's do not get touched unless absolutely necessary. However with some smaller utilities they do not monitor all circuit's unless the customer specifies to do so. It does seem weird that two different router's are unable to pickup the circuit though.