Install SP2 selectively

eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
Hi guys,

I have a problem with a piece of software that has something to do with XML - basically when I try to do a certain thing, I get an error message. What I'm doing and what error message is not important (3rd party software). What I do know is that I get this error (running on Windows Server 2003) if Service Pack 2 is installed. SP1 works fine.

My problem then is to narrow it down to the particular update that's causing the problem. I've already tried installing all the updates from SP2 (XML/IE related) that I think might break it, but no luck.

What I'm thinking of doing now is installing them one at a time, or in batches. The problem with this is that there are hundreds of updates. It's way to longwinded to download each and every one of them separately - that'll easily take a day. Plus the server I'm working on has no internet access, so I have to download them on another machine and transfer them across.

Either way, want I want to do is be able to download SP2, and then choose what updates or parts it installs. Is there a way to do this?
If not, is there somewhere where I can download all the SP2 updates as separate files, but all together so I don't have to click and wait for a million separate pages to load?

Thanks
witty comment

Comments

• cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hmmm. That's an interesting question. Unfortunately I have never seen such an option anywhere.....
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    That wouldn't be easy, because some of the updates are the regular old Windows updates, some of them are the "hotfix" updates that you have to call them to get, and some of them are probably unpublished.

If you search the MSKB for 2003 SP2 articles, the one the describes the changes in SP2 should have a complete list of everything that was put into SP2. Maybe you could narrow it down that way.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...