What kinds of Questions on the Network+

mark076hmark076h Member Posts: 154
I passed the 70-620 Vista Config last week and i was just wondering how the Network+ is compared to this, what kinds of questions do you get, like Multiple choice, Select one, Choose all of the above etc?

Comments

• brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    No interactive questions. All multiple choice that i remember.
  • thaydencvcthaydencvc Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just took the Network + exam Saturday and passed.

I would know all of the utilities and what they do, ping, netstat, tracert, etc...

OSI know it by heart.

There was not a single question on port numbers which I found kind of surprising.

Contrary to other stuff I have read on this message board, you need to know how to subnet, not just how it works. You actually need to know, granted there were only 2 questions on it.

5+ questions on wireless.

There were a lot of troubleshooting scenario questions and what utility would you use to solve the problem.

Hope this helsp.
  • jscimeca715jscimeca715 Member Posts: 280
    If you go to CompTIA's website they have sample questions that will give you an idea of what you can expect. Good luck!
  • Net TechNet Tech Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just took the Network+ exam and passed. The majority of the questions I had were scenario based on network troubleshooting. A few on wireless. A few on network topologies. Several on the different media types, specifically fiber. A lot on the OSI model. None on subnetting. This was my experience with the exam. You should make sure you are familiar with all the exam objectives, and you will do fine. Good luck.