Options

New CVoice exam.. 642-636

jonmo2578jonmo2578 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey Guys,

Now that the QOS is out the way, the CVoice appears to be the next obvious exam, however I have noticed that there is a new exam out there... 642-636

Seems that the revised study guide is not out till July.. I dont particularly want to wait around for this now that Im in the studying groove ( it was hard enough starting up !! ).

Is there anyone currently studyin for the newer exam .. ? or are people still going to for the older 642-632 before the end of July deadline ??.. Is it worth me trying for this one if there is currently no up to date study material out there ??..

The alternative is that I jump onto the CM 4x exams as that is what I work with daily, however will I miss any important concepts from the CVoice require for the CIPT ??

Any advice appreciated.. Cheers

Comments

• Options
    pullin-gspullin-gs Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I was in the same boat as you...
    I nocked out two tests already and then BOOM! Cisco drops the CCM6 CCVP alternative.
    My only experience is CCV6, so I almost decided to change up.

Decided against it though because of the lack of material and internet-advice.
    I'm still on my CC5 route for CCVP. Will be taking GWGK5 next week.

However be aware that the GWGK and CIPT for 5.0 tests will no longer be available in July.
    So version 5 tests are probably out of reach.

Cheers

Pullin'
  • Options
    jonmo2578jonmo2578 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hmmm.. yeah, I noticed the CCM6 upgrade option as well.. This will tie in quite nicely with our impending upgrade at work from 4.1 to 6 this summer.. However I havent decided which one Im going to take yet, will cross that bridge when I get to those exams..

In regards to the CVoice, I havent started studying for that just yet, but as I supporting VOIP at work, Im hoping that the material wouldnt be too alien to me..

I just wondering whether to cramming in the study and try and do the older exam before it becomes out of date at the end of July..

So I take it you have completed the QOS and CVoice then ??
  • Options
    pullin-gspullin-gs Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    When the news hit the streets, I had only taken CVOICE, and I was STUDYING for QOS.
    However, after the news, I immediately took down the QOS lab and put away the QOS notes.
    I then rebuilt the lab for CIPT5, studied up for two weeks, and took the test (956).
    I'm in the middle of working GWGK labs and the Cisco GWGK book.
    Will take GWGK test in two weeks.
    After that, it is just a matter of TUC, and then QOS (I'm almost ready for it now).
    I think I actually picked up a month after all is said and done. :D
  • Options
    jillyajillya Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi I'm new here and read that you are studing for 642-453. I am also looking to take that exam soon. You mentioned some GWGK Labs, what kind of labs are you talking about? Where did you get them? I would be interested in obtaining and working thiese labs as well.

Thanks
    Jillya
  • Options
    jillyajillya Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi I'm new here and read that you are studing for 642-453. I am also looking to take that exam soon. You mentioned some GWGK Labs, what kind of labs are you talking about? Where did you get them? I would be interested in obtaining and working thiese labs as well.

Thanks
    Jillya