Options

Ethical hacking certification offered by McAfee

JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,058 Admin
Yet another ethical hacker cert: The Foundstone CEH Prep Course from McAfee University.

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It's not another cert, is it? It looks like they're just offering a CEH course.

I think a McAfee cert would focus on something like getting a core2duo to run like a 486. Actually, they should probably partner up with Symantec for a program like that.
  • Options
    McAfee is referring to it as "a certification," so I assume the last day of the course includes a cert exam. After enduring an intensive, 5-day course, I'd want an "earned" cert to hang on my wall, not just a certificate of class participation.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Yea, but it's the CEH, not a new McAfee cert.
    Foundstone provides everything you need to prepare for and pass the Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) exam. The CEH exam was developed by the International Council of E-Commerce Consultants (EC-Council) to provide an industry-wide means of certifying the competency of security professionals.

https://mcafee.edu.netexam.com/CatalogItem.asp?ID=4427

That's the link they give you for more details.

I think it's great that more people are getting on the CEH bandwagon. Jokes aside, getting names like McAfee behind something like this will only increase it's value.
  • Options
    NetworkWorld's teaser for the article makes it sound as if McAfee has their own ethical hacking cert. It could be a new CEH training course backed by FoundStone--just in time for CEHv6.