Options

2142 and its incredible... Issues

DelthiousDelthious Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Anyone else in here play BF 2142? for those of you who don't, it's an incredible online-based shooter from EA. the only problem is, its kinda taxing on your ram whilst running (as it, it freezes easily if a background process pops) and often needs to be reinstalled after such madness. so if anyone has any advise as to how to avoid this uncomfortable waste of precious game time (this being reinstalling and reupdating) apart from playing something else, let's hear it.
Time only kills people who waste it.

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    How much RAM do you have? Sometimes games just don't handle being interrupted well, regardless of your system specs. I'm not sure why you'd have to go through the trouble of a reinstall after a simple crash though.

If I were you, I'd make sure all my drivers, Windows, and the game are up to date. I'd also close or disable anything that could potentially interfere with the game. Most of those notices can be disabled, so you can still keep whatever utility running. You should also scan for spyware and viruses and upgrade your memory to a decent amount, if it is low. RAM has gotten really cheap, so there's really no reason to suffer because of an insufficient amount.
  • Options
    KalabinKalabin Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just out of curiousity what sorta spec's do ya play on? I have yet to have 2142 tax my system down, even with TSR's running in the background. As stated above, make sure your driver's are up to do WHQL signed etc.

My Specs : Intel E6850(3GHz Dual Core), GeForce 8800GT, 4 GB Ram, SATA Drive etc.
  • Options
    DelthiousDelthious Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    2.4 ghz dual core amd 2g ram
    Time only kills people who waste it.
  • Options
    CabbageThe1CabbageThe1 Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Delthious, I don't know how you could be having problems with 2142 I have seen your system personally. There is no reason that you should have any problem your way above min requirements. Have you been having problems with anything else? It may be a problem with Windows not your hardware, I had a similar problem and I ended up reinstalling windows.

Why don't you bring it to um........MATC and we will figure it out! :D
    If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style!
  • Options
    intelzeeintelzee Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Delthious, I don't know how you could be having problems with 2142 I have seen your system personally. There is no reason that you should have any problem your way above min requirements. Have you been having problems with anything else? It may be a problem with Windows not your hardware, I had a similar problem and I ended up reinstalling windows.

Why don't you bring it to um........MATC and we will figure it out! :D

ya i have seen it to and there is no reason it should be doing that ;(
    so ya bring it to school and we will have a look at it :)
    look look!!!! its a train!!