Any other Software Developers with certifications?

sherryInPhillysherryInPhilly Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just wondering if I'm the only software developer with certifications. It seems like few developers pursue any IT certifications. Of course they usually aren't required for development jobs. But I consider them part of my general IT education and domain knowledge acquisition. Tho many in the business view certs as useless paper, I think they provide a good complement to experience, and a way to validate new knowledge. So, what do others think?

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    I have been studying for one programming cert or another for over the past tens years, but I must admit that the lack of recognition of certs by the software development community has been a significant factor in me not following through. I usually study enough to satisfy my curiosity and then move on to some other project. I will be doing the same with Sun's Java certifications soon just to learn Java itself. But once I start programming competently in Java, I'm not sure if I'll bother with actually taking any of the exams. There doesn't seem to be a reason to spend any money on getting the Java cert(s).