Options

MCSA and MCITP paths

emin.huseynovemin.huseynov Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

I have passed 270,290 and 291 exam. I was planning the next one to be 620 (so I also get MCTS in Vista) , do these 4 exams make me a MCSA?

In addition to this, does it now make sense still to pursue MCSE? I thought to upgrade to MCITP after i get MCSA, any advice on this?

Thanks in advance

Emin

Comments

• Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Welcome to the site.

Yes, since you did 70-270 as your client exam, 70-620 can count towards your elective and would make you an MCSA.

To me, it would make more sense to do MCSE than MCITP. The reason why, is most businesses are running Server 2003 right now and it'll be a while before going to Server 2008. Besides, you can always upgrade but cannot downgrade if you get or get close to receiving your MCITP and decide that you wanted your MCSE as well.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    shon541shon541 Member Posts: 136
    Yes, it does. Congrats!
  • Options
    emin.huseynovemin.huseynov Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    royal wrote:
    Welcome to the site.

To me, it would make more sense to do MCSE than MCITP. The reason why, is most businesses are running Server 2003 right now and it'll be a while before going to Server 2008. Besides, you can always upgrade but cannot downgrade if you get or get close to receiving your MCITP and decide that you wanted your MCSE as well.

I have passed 70-620 today, so seems like now I am an MCSA now.
    I would follow your recommendations, and go on for MCSE, what would you recommend next?
    I want the easiest ones :) , or exams that match my experience better . ( A am more Linux admin and currently am supervising a mid range network on 2003 )

Thanks,

Emin
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Very cool, congrats on passing the Vista exam, and congrats on becoming an MCSA. For my money, I'd start up on 70-293, (aka: "Beast Jr."). A lot of the topics from 70-291 will be reviewed, and you'll do a hard push from infrastructure to security. (That's the reason why I'm pushing for 70-298 as soon as I'm done with 70-293, and saving 70-294 for last.)

I also agree with royal, MCSE is more relevant than MCITP right now. And, since MCITP: Enteprise Administrator will probably be in higher demand than MCITP: Server Administrator once Server 2008 becomes the standard Windows Server OS, I'd also recommend finishing up MCSE before doing the upgrade-path. It's a shorter path to upgrade to MCITP: Enterprise Administrator from MCSE than it is from MCSA. No matter which exam you choose to do next, I wish you good luck.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.