Options

Free Nine Inch Nails Album

hettyhetty Member Posts: 394
Not my kind of music but you can download it for free if it is.

http://dl.nin.com/theslip/signup

Comments

• Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The work Trent Reznor has been doing with DRM-free music is BEAUTIFUL.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    yeah theres a few bands doing that at the moment, i think its good to see. i dont think it will kill the music companies entirely but will have some effect. even metallica have hinted at this kind of thing after watching what radiohead and nin are doing! i was quite suprised as they sued napster.

anyway, i still think its a great thing to see / do.

bring more on i say!!!
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    pwjohnstonpwjohnston Member Posts: 441
    Is it better than "With Teeth?" Ya know I've got most of his full lengths and ep's, I even liked the Fragile, but I remember one track from that last cd sounding like the Killers. While I don't dislike the Killers, that's not NIN!
  • Options
    AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Woohooo...FLAC format too. Thanks for the heads up :)
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,047 Admin
    I never cared for Reznor's music until he did the score for the original Quake game, which you can download as shareware for free too.
  • Options
    JDMurray wrote:
    I never cared for Reznor's music until he did the score for the original Quake game, which you can download as shareware for free too.

That is a really great soundtrack for video games at the time. I bought Quake on that reason alone. It's good for more than just listening to while your playing, I like it for when I have company over for background music.
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Maybe it's wrong to think so, seeing as this is middle finger to record companies..but why would I want to listen to some dummy who is so unhappy with the ways things are done, keep complaining about everything. TR is a good musician, but I can't stand that he is solo, until he goes on tour.....and I can't stand his constant crying about the US Government...seriously, no one claims this place to be the golden land anymore...if you don't like it here, get the F out! I'd love to make things the way I see them, but most people aren't exactly very pro-killing of criminals like I am; but I don't spend my life vocalizing my beliefs uselessly.....

but on a different note, DRM sucks, and I do respect him giving away his works....
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,047 Admin
    pwjohnston wrote:
    I like it for when I have company over for background music.
    For that I use the soundtrack from Diablo 2. icon_twisted.gif
  • Options
    Ricka182 wrote:
    TR is a good musician, but I can't stand that he is solo, until he goes on tour.....

HUH? NIN has always been a solo project.
  • Options
    AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    24/96 WAVs available too :D
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?