Options

Practice Exam

I got a questions which maybe some of you using the same style what's the rate of your passing score in practice exam before your comfortably say that youre ready to take the test? And how effective is this with all the test that you took already.

I'm thinking of taking 70-270 next week using transcender and I'm hitting 77% ave on practice test other materials im using also CBT Nuggets and Test Out.

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You should strive for 90% or better. I think you can get there in a week. Keep going through it and research/review all the questions that you are having trouble with. Also be sure to know why each option is or isn't correct. That will help you gain a much deeper understanding of the material, as opposed to just memorizing answers.
  • Options
    SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    dynamik wrote:
    You should strive for 90% or better. I think you can get there in a week. Keep going through it and research/review all the questions that you are having trouble with. Also be sure to know why each option is or isn't correct. That will help you gain a much deeper understanding of the material, as opposed to just memorizing answers.

As Dynamik has said I find the test of when to know if your ready or not is when you can explain why the other answers are WRONG rather than just why the other answer is correct.

I tend to look at the pointless answers and count them out then think to myself, "So what will Answer B achieve if i do it? Is this what they are asking for?". Do this for each answer your not sure of and you cant go far wrong aslong as you know the why not, not just the why.

Also I would be looking for atleast 85% on the Trancenders then you should find on the real one.

Good luck!
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • Options
    jetdynamicsjetdynamics Member Posts: 129
    Thanks for the feedback yeah Ive been trying to analyze the answer and of course not memorizing it cause it will not help the only thing I notice when taking a practice test is you really need to have time to read carefully and more patience because what I'm also doing is trying to eliminate whats not and read back the questions to point out to the correct answer
  • Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Dito Dynamik and Sie...

They (researchers perhaps?) say you typically do 5-10% worse on the actual exam compared to practice exams. I always like to score 90 percent on practice exams before jumping...You should feel confident scoring 20% better than what's needed to pass. Gives you a nice cushion.

You can try preplogic or transcender for practice exams. Although they cost money, they are very good if your serious about wanting to pass. I don't know about transcender, but preplogic typically always has some kind of "sale" going on.
    www.preplogic.com
    www.transcender.com

You should also go through the technotes on this site.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    Thanks for all the advised here finally took the exam this morning and Passed it with just a hairline from failing. Up for 70-290 next...
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Congratulations on that. How did you score? Good luck on the 290!
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    I got 715 but anyway pass is pass so move on to next which is more difficult CCNA or 70-290? Im thinking of either of the two I will take next.
  • Options
    kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats on the pass. I bought the microsoft press book and cbt nuggets for this. Would you say that the cbt nuggets helped alot some or alittle. Did you use the microsoft press book?
  • Options
    CBT Nuggets will help you on the part of the way they explain how things are being done while I watch the video I also take some important notes and compile them all together including the notes on this site which is very helpfull. But most important is you should be able to do a lot of practice test and understanding those questions and answers.