Passed...have a story too

Well to start this post off I will let you all know that yes I did pass the exam with an 850 :D

But anyway...here's the story.

I left my apartment at about 8:45 assuming that I would get to the testing center at about 9:00 and be able to sit a little early as I usually do being that I have class at 12:30.

So I leave my apartment, and get on the highway (which leads into downtown Pittsburgh) and a 15 minute drive turns into a 45 minute drive because of traffic...no biggie.

So I get to the testing center, and a guy is sitting in the waiting room with a very stearn look on his face and he is a little red in the face with nervousness.

My further observations led me to understand that the testing center was having problems with the Prometric software crashing...yes it crashed on the poor man as he was halfway through 70-291.

I immediately felt sympathy for him (who wouldn't) but my next thought was that I really didn't want that to happen to me. So I waited for them to restart the Prometric computers so I could take the test.

At 10:00 am (30 minutes after my appointment) I sat to take the test.

Thankfully I made it through the entire exam with no problems, and the guy was able to re-take his test about 15 minutes after I began mine so best wishes to him.

Another horror story about Prometric I guess...but thankfully I passed and to all of you who experience problems with test taking, we all feel for you and best of luck.

I want to thank all of you for your support as I have taken my exams, and I am onto 70-294 as I only have 3 left for my MCSE.

See y'all in the 294 forum.

Comments

• nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear about your experiance but im glad you passed...

Any advice for anyone going for the 293?
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Magnum2544Magnum2544 Member Posts: 103
    Anyone taking 293 should thoroughly understand the following:

-Certificate Authorities/PKI
    -DNS
    -DHCP
    -Subnetting
    -Clustering
    -GPO
    -IPSec

If you know all of that and can understand it very well then you will do fine on the test.
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • hannoshannos Member Posts: 29 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Magnum2544 wrote:

My further observations led me to understand that the testing center was having problems with the Prometric software crashing...yes it crashed on the poor man as he was halfway through 70-291.

I had that happen to me on the 291 exams, I had 3 questions to go...

congrats on the pass. Probably doing mine in about 3 weeks.
  • hettyhetty Member Posts: 394
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Nice job passing this test so close after passing the 291. Nice score.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!