when making a resume...

TalicTalic Member Posts: 423
do you put down certifications that you are currently working on? And do you label them something like : Network+ Certification (on going) ? Would this also apply for degrees? Like Associate of Applied Science Degree in IT (on going) ? I would really like to put down that I almost have my Network+ since I'm really close to going down and taking the test; I pretty much know the material.

This is just for my internship resume, so its pretty meager but I'm doing my best to make it look professional.

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I put an expected completion date for my degree, but I don't do that with certs. With the exception of things like the CCIE, they're often a relatively short-term endeavor. I don't think it makes a lot of sense to put them on there.
  • eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Talic wrote:
    do you put down certifications that you are currently working on? And do you label them something like : Network+ Certification (on going) ? Would this also apply for degrees? Like Associate of Applied Science Degree in IT (on going) ? I would really like to put down that I almost have my Network+ since I'm really close to going down and taking the test; I pretty much know the material.

This is just for my internship resume, so its pretty meager but I'm doing my best to make it look professional.

As far as certs are concerned, I haven't really seen anyone list in-progress certs on a resume.

However, for degrees I have seen the following:

Bachelor of Science, University of Texas, candidate for graduation 05/2009

Generally, rather than having more than 1 thing "in process" on a resume, my preference is to follow the "less is more" rule. Opt for hard-hitting active-voice lines for the accomplishments and experience that you currently have, rather than turning your resume into a wish list of sorts.

MS
  • GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    Thats what a cover letter is for. Don't put 'in progress' certs on your resume.
  • TalicTalic Member Posts: 423
    I think I should just go down there later this week, take the Network+ test, pass it just to get it out of the way. Damn thing is just getting in the way of my Linux studies...

Think I should still make a cover letter though? I assume that this instructor would just send out the resumes out to employers that are willing to take internships. I don't think theres much competition since its just well... an internship.
  • KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you are working on high level certification like CCIE, then you sure put down in processing.

NOt for A+/Network+....etc
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn