Options

Guest Wifi Solutions

chuckzitochuckzito Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have a client who wants to set up a guest wifi solution, giving visitors a wireless key that would be valid for say X amount of hours.

Any suggestions? or similar experiences? The client currently has multiple Cisco Aironet 1130 WAP's using MS IAS Radius AAAA and I believe PEAP for internal users.

Any ideas would be great, as I can't seem to think this morning or find any products/solutions on google. I really became dependent on Google for all the answers.

Thanks,
Chuck

Comments

• Options
    RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Let me ask you this. Do they need to access internal resources or is it just providing them with internet access while on site?
  • Options
    xwesleyxwillisxxwesleyxwillisx Member Posts: 158
    Cisco wireless controller with web authentication. The size of the site will determine what kind of controller you need.

You can either use local authentication or against a Cisco ACS/radius server.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a008067489f.shtml
  • Options
    AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If it's just internet access and your infrastructure fully supports VLANs then configure a separate Guest SSID on the APs with a different vlan to your normal traffic, configure your router(s)/Firewalls to only allow traffic from this VLAN to the internet.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • Options
    Great suggestions, only thing if they want to limit the user to a specific amount of time what type of solution would I be looking for.

Thanks,
  • Options
    Okay here the requirements internet only, and maybe Printing. Not sure if that's going to be possible and they want the user to need a code or other form of authentication for each day or some other time increment.

Any ideas??
  • Options
    The Cisco controller with web authentication allows you to specify how long you want the username/password to be active.
  • Options
    The Cisco controller with web authentication allows you to specify how long you want the username/password to be active.