Options

Correction! FXO Connection to Comcast voice

ccvp_wannabeccvp_wannabe Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All,

Got a question on FXO Connection to a Comcast voice modem (Arris) TS502G.

I have a 7940 at main site Registered to CCM >>> MC3810 configured as a H.323 gateway in Call Manager >>> FXO port on MC3810 is connected to one of the ports on the cable modem.
Route pattern of 9@ discard pre@ pointing to the MC3810

I have:

voice-port 1/6 (This is the FXO)

Dial-peer voice 100 pots
destination-pattern 1234567899 (My cell number)
port 1/6

When I dial my cell number on the 7940 I see it hit the gateway but all I get on the 7940
is a dial-tone but it is a weird dial tone, almost like its being hookflashed a bunch of times then it
goes to a steady dial tone. The call never completes. and if I hit any of the numbers on the keypad nothing happens, the dial tone is not interupted.

One other thing I noticed was when I do a sho voice call summary I see the call as FXOLS Offhook and the codec is g729r8. Shouldn't this be g711?

Thanks for any help

*****************Found the terminology for the Dialtone issue.

It is actually a stutter dialtone that I am hearing. Apparently I have voicemail. And
I am wondering if this is causing the issue. I am going to try and disable this tonight
and see if this works. Woukld like to hear from anyone else that has been successful in implementing FXO to Comcast though.

Comments

• Options
    LuckycharmsLuckycharms Member Posts: 267
    Debug voip dialpeer all

- set up a syslog server or read from the debug... will tell you how the dialpeer are being match and what is actually being passed to the voice gateway. ( Kiwisyslog server - FREE)

I am sure there is some one that could name your problem off the top of there head but i am tired and going to bed.. so try that and post what you get on the output...
    The quality of a book is never equated to the number of words it contains. -- And neither should be a man by the number of certifications or degree's he has earned.
  • Options
    hedhrtshedhrts Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It could be a "forward digits" issue. There is a difference between voip and pots dial-peers on what the gateway sends out. If memory serves the pots dial-peer strips explictly matched digits before sending out the digits. In your example, no digits will be sent out the port. If you try a "forward digits all" command in the dial-peer, I think this should solve your issue.

Also if you have access to an analog test set, you can actually hear what's going out the fxo port.
  • Options
    LuckycharmsLuckycharms Member Posts: 267
    headhrts is correct - Pots dialpeers strip all matched digits before sending - unless you do a forward digits (all or X ).

But if you read the Debug voip dialpeer all it will actually tell you what the gateway is sending/receiving. + you will actually get a better understanding of how dial-peers are matched / used.
    The quality of a book is never equated to the number of words it contains. -- And neither should be a man by the number of certifications or degree's he has earned.
  • Options
    cmccul002cmccul002 Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Does it sound like the Dial Tone is stuttering?

it may be Voice Mail notification. With Comcast, when you have a new Voicemail, the dialtone stutters.