Options

MCSE NT 4.0 vs MCSE latest thing..

TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
It's been a long time since I touched a server. Except to check it's routing table and run snoops.

What are the differences between NT 4.0 and the latest MCSE in terms of functionality of the OS?

Comments

• Options
    RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Night and day. The basic principles still apply - DHCP, DNS, WINS, etc. - but you are looking a major difference. Plus, you have to consider AD in the equation.
  • Options
    I'd like to get a handle on it, but no more, as the time and cost of upgrading my MCSE just wouldn't be justified in terms of earnings. It wouldn't improve my position at all financially as MCSE stuff falls below the baseline of potential earnings I presently command. That's why Im wondering if just doing the network exam for MCSE would be quite enough just to get a handle on latest windows networking.
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would say the most beneficial to you would be the 70-291 and 70-294 if you want to get up to date without going after the entire MCSE.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    royal wrote:
    I would say the most beneficial to you would be the 70-291 and 70-294 if you want to get up to date without going after the entire MCSE.

Thank you Royal. I wil take your advice!
  • Options
    AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Book wise for quick revision only the "MCSE 2003 In A Nutshell" is quite good
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • Options
    RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    royal wrote:
    Really, I'd say you would need 293 in there is well since 294 tends to build off of it.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Just get a Safari subscription and go through all the MS Press books at your leisure. You'll also have the Nutshell books, or any other book by O'Reilly, available as well.
  • Options
    KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The principle still the same, just vendor added up more functions which causing all those technical issues. Some of them are great functions and do help to maintain the Svr. Nutshell is very nice guide.
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn