Options

Outlook 2007 issue

kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
I have been working on this computer for the past day and cant figure out this issue.

I have tried to setup an outlook express email account on a computer running xp sp2 and the account will recieve fine but wont send. Here is the error: ox800ccc0f Says that the connection to the server has benn interupted. I have checked all the settings multiple times and have tried tls for the smtp settings with different port numbers. I have also made sure that the retry timeout is set to over a minute. I know its not the AV/Firewall Cause I have turned them both completely off. I have now installed office 07 and tried outlook 07 with the same issue. I have downloaded sp1 for Outlook 07 and that didnt work. thunderbird in sending messages but this is for my work and we dont want to use thunderbird. E-mails are working fine troughout the building but not on this one computer. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    hypnotoadhypnotoad Banned Posts: 915
    Virus/Spyware? Corrupted Office Install? Winsock broken?
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Are the other computers using this configuration with Outlook Express, or is this a special case for someone's home or personal email?

If it's someone's personal email, and you're putting in the smtp server for their home ISP, and you are not using the same ISP at your work, they are probably blocking you from connecting to their SMTP server.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    I havent tried a winsock fix. As for where it is its at my work. We have 200 computers running both OE, thunderbird, and outlook and all of them are working fine with the settings I have so I know that there not blocking the smtp port/requests.
  • Options
    Winsock is a no go. I dont get it I have worked here for 10 months and setup e-mail on every computer in the building so i know for a fact its not the settings. The fact that it works in thunderbird tells me that. Its something that only effects OE, outlook.
  • Options
    SO I found what the problem was which is stupid and makes no sense to me still. I unplugged the computer and moved it to another area in the room and on a different network cable and it send messages fine. so i then took the cable i was using and plugged it in to a different port on the 48 port linksys switch and it was then able to send it fine. This makes no sense because I was able to browse the internet fine and was able to recieve e-mails and even send them with thunderbird. why this would effect only oe and outlook 2007 sending is a mystery to me.