Options

1st thing you do

empc4000xlempc4000xl Member Posts: 322
I have a question. I got this question posed to me by a recuiter.

What is the 1st thing you do when you take a router out of a box. I told him I didn't know and he went on to the next question. What is the "cisco" answer for that question?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'd make sure its the correct one you ordered and that its functional
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sounds like a trap question... They expect some answer like "clean the configurations and set it up" and when you answer "make sure it works" then you get a bad mark.

On those questions you should answer something logical so you don't look like you are scared of the router or something. :)
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
    Yeah, tricky one. My first impulse would be to up the firmware to the latest, but even that assumes the config is clean, so I don't have IP conflicts.

Prolly go with Mishra's suggestion of cleaning the config.
    There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.
  • Options
    tech-airmantech-airman Member Posts: 953
    empc4000xl wrote:
    I have a question. I got this question posed to me by a recuiter.

What is the 1st thing you do when you take a router out of a box. I told him I didn't know and he went on to the next question. What is the "cisco" answer for that question?

Thanks in advance

One thing I would do is to verify if the make, model, and serial number on the router match the make, model, and serial number on either the box label or the shipping document.
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Yes Cisco is a pain about open boxes and RMAs. :)