Options

Cbt Nuggetz

slinuxuzerslinuxuzer Member Posts: 665 ■■■■□□□□□□
I have started watching the cbt nuggets for the secuirty plus and am finding them mind numbing and lacking in some of their explanations of certain things, keep in mind that the last six series of cbtnuggets I have watched all came from james conrad and were great

So I was wondering if some of the people who have viewed the whole set for security+ can tell me if they pickup and how well they map to the exam.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    slinuxuzerslinuxuzer Member Posts: 665 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sorry about the original title being a link
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    slinuxuzer wrote:
    Sorry about the original title being a link

I love it when that happens because only the craftiest of individuals can get it. It's like a secret, exclusive thread icon_cool.gif

It's hard for me to compare them because the Security+ Nuggets were the first ones I watched. I definitely think James is faster paced and a bit more interesting. I don't remember feeling like the content didn't map well to the exam objectives, so I think it's safe to assume it did. I liked the series overall, and there were a few times he made me laugh out loud (they were pretty subtle jokes, but they caught me off guard). I also generally like that type of information, so maybe it's not as interesting for someone who doesn't inherently enjoy that type of material. I think you should stick with them, especially since you have them. I also used the Syngress book and Transcender if you were curious. Good luck!
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The Security+ series I have are about 5 years old, not sure if it's the same as yours. But yes, I found them a little on the dry side. I remedied that by taking my laptop and a notebook to the book store, setting up in the cafe with a large espresso and taking notes while he lectured. It seemed to help a lot, and I then compared my notes to my reference books when I got home and made updates to my notes.
    All things are possible, only believe.