Options

OWA popup notification after authentication

vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
What we're trying to do is, have a popup display after the user is logged into OWA to warn them to not be checking e-mail off the clock. They have to hit okay to get to their e-mail.

Anyone know how to do this??

Comments

• Options
    cacharocacharo Member Posts: 361
    I don't have experience with this but it appears you should be able to customize your logon page to include the type of warning message you want.

It may be a start...

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa996007(EXCHG.65).aspx
    Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them become what they are capable of being.
  • Options
    That's our very last option, we'd like a pop-up notification when the user logs in.
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I don't see that working out very well, as most people have pop-up protection turned on at home.

It might be easier for you to change the login page for OWA to display the message instead. That's a lot easier to do and they would see it every time they open the site.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    blargoe wrote:
    I don't see that working out very well, as most people have pop-up protection turned on at home.

It might be easier for you to change the login page for OWA to display the message instead. That's a lot easier to do and they would see it every time they open the site.

The foremen all have company issued laptops.
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You may want to try to have the page redirect to a warning page saying your warning message and the OK button to redirect you to your inbox which wouldn't be a pop-up. Logically you should be able to do this but I don't know if you can customize OWA's logon page that much.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    Mishra wrote:
    You may want to try to have the page redirect to a warning page saying your warning message and the OK button to redirect you to your inbox which wouldn't be a pop-up. Logically you should be able to do this but I don't know if you can customize OWA's logon page that much.

I wonder if this would work, we're using SSL...

hmm... maybe I should call Microsoft. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Options
    HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    Or implement ISA, and stop them from checking their email via the scheduling portion of the rule. If you're serious about them not checking email after hours, then stop them from doing it instead of warning them.
    Good luck to all!
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I wonder if the log-on hours in ADUC user properties would do it.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    HeroPsycho wrote:
    Or implement ISA, and stop them from checking their email via the scheduling portion of the rule. If you're serious about them not checking email after hours, then stop them from doing it instead of warning them.

There's over 1000 foremen and they change jobs frequently. So we can't really implement it and scheduling is so different for each job...

We're just going to put it on the logon page.
  • Options
    HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    Security groups for each job, then move them to the various groups. Use those groups in the schedule definition.

Or use a third party product to make effectively dynamic security groups. Could also use powershell to automate this. Perhaps as they're assigned to jobs, there are unifying attributes they have in common to group groups of users at a time using Powershell to add and remove them from groups?

You can make this happen!
    Good luck to all!