Options

cell phones

wheelywheely Member Posts: 105
I would like everyones opinion on which phone I should get when my contract runs out. Its between the Palm Treo 700wx smartphone versus the Blackberries. Which would everyone choose and why?

Comments

• Options
    jscimeca715jscimeca715 Member Posts: 280
    I worked for Sprint selling both of them and there are a few things to keep in mind. Blackberry uses their proprietary push technology, which, at least while I was there was considerable more expensive that regular internet which is what a lot Treos use. Also, Treos are a little more user friendly as long as you get the Palm OS and not the Windows Mobile one. All in all they are good phones though, make sure you ask about plan prices because that's where it can get you.
  • Options
    vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    It really boils down to trackball or touchscreen. ;)

Or windows mobile/palm OS or the blackberry OS.
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Compare the battery life on both devices. I had an older Windows device that I got rid of because the battery life was terrible.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I manage all teleco at my job. I can tell you, it depends on your service provider as well. Nextel only offers the 7100i phones, and they blow.
  • Options
    hypnotoadhypnotoad Banned Posts: 915
    We went with the Treos through verizon and they've been pretty decent -- they run activesync so we sync through OWA instead of using POP3.
  • Options
    wheelywheely Member Posts: 105
    I was leading more toward the treo, but just wanted to know everyones thoughts on them versus the blackberries. By the way, I'm through Verizon.