Options

Decision about the next test

I'm looking ahead past my CVoice test next week (assuming I pass), trying to decide whether to tackle the GWGK exam or one covering CCM. I'm hurting pretty badly for a job right now, and I see that emplpyers who are looking for voice people almost always ask for CCM 4.x/6.x experience. I think it would be to my advantage to learn it first, even if 30% of CVoice is on the GWGK.

Any ideas on this?
"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." - Popular Mechanics, 1949

Comments

• Options
    hedhrtshedhrts Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Which CVOICE did you take 642-436 or 642-432? I'm looking at the 2 certification paths and with the new path, it seems you can take either and not have to take the GWGK exam. However CIPT has been devided int 2 exams. Good thing, there is a lot to know there.

The 642-432 is listed as also having to take CVFv1.0 for training but I believe this is covered in the exam.

If this information is correct, I think you are CIPT bound.

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le2/le37/le65/learning_certification_type_home.html

Good luck on your employment efforts.
  • Options
    CrunchyhippoCrunchyhippo Member Posts: 389
    hedhrts wrote:
    Which CVOICE did you take 642-436 or 642-432? I'm looking at the 2 certification paths and with the new path, it seems you can take either and not have to take the GWGK exam. However CIPT has been devided int 2 exams. Good thing, there is a lot to know there.

The 642-432 is listed as also having to take CVFv1.0 for training but I believe this is covered in the exam.

If this information is correct, I think you are CIPT bound.

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le2/le37/le65/learning_certification_type_home.html

Good luck on your employment efforts.

I'm taking the 642-432.

In the Cisco link, I see that it looks like CIPT has become CIPT I and II, and GWGK has disappeared? So no more GWGK? I knew changes were being made.....
    "Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." - Popular Mechanics, 1949
  • Options
    LuckycharmsLuckycharms Member Posts: 267
    All the GKGW stuff was pretty much transplanted into CIPT1/2... So you still need to know it... the only problem is that are no dedicated books for CIPT 1/2 yet... (SOON) There are CIPT (old version) still out there and they are still pertinent to the the still valid old coarse. I agree with hedhrts in the fact that if you are planning to wait for a few weeks/months to take this test you might want to go with the CIPT1/2... But if you are looking at doing this test in the next 2 weeks and just want a refresher.. The books are just not there... But good luck
    The quality of a book is never equated to the number of words it contains. -- And neither should be a man by the number of certifications or degree's he has earned.