Options

Deploying callmanager for a company.

nice343nice343 Member Posts: 391
I do know how to configure callmanager 4.1 but after installing ccm 6.0 on vmware. It has got me thinking. If you were to deploy a callmanager for a company, which one will you deploy? 4.x or the 6.0 since the 6.0 is clearly the "future" because you don't want to deploy 4.x version and have to come in 3 years later to replace the whole infrasture with 6.0
My daily blog about IT and tech stuff
http://techintuition.com/

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    4.x.... since we're waiting to see how well 7.x works :D

I'm betting that 7 is going to be the new 4 icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I'd have to agree with 4.x as well. 4.x has served me fine for years and have no need to upgrade yet. I have had more luck with 5 and 6 when integrating third party gateways and gatekeepers though...
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    LuckycharmsLuckycharms Member Posts: 267
    I guess that that would all depend on what you are trying to accomplish... If you want simple voice...( DON"T THROW STONES!!!!) by simple voice I mean the rock solid Voice platform that 4 is then go with that... ( And yes there are alot of addon's for 4 )

But if you need SIP support and all the extra's that 6.0 has and want to take advantage of Cisco Cool licences... Then go with 6.0..

just my 2:cents icon_rolleyes.gif
    The quality of a book is never equated to the number of words it contains. -- And neither should be a man by the number of certifications or degree's he has earned.
  • Options
    mikeeomikeeo Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Actually 6.1.x is the new 4.x its been rock solid and Cisco has stated it has the lowest bug count of any Call Manager release...
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Hey every other version working correctly isn't that bad icon_lol.gif
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.