Options

Book recommendation

I've so far only found one book for the Cisco GWGK, which is Cisco Voice Gateways and Gatekeepers (Networking Technology). Is this the only one out there or is there another?

It's hard to believe that the CCVP cert has been around for several years and would only have one solitary book for the GWGK.
"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." - Popular Mechanics, 1949

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    In the old days there wasn't even a GWGK book for the exam -- plus we had to walk 10 miles both ways uphill in the snow to get to the test center. You kids don't know how easy you have it these days! :D

Anyway -- that's the book you want to read. It's not a Self-Study or Exam Certification Guide, so reference the exam blueprint to figure out the important parts. Plus you have the Reference Sheets available from Cisco Press. And, of course, the Cisco Sun Source Of All That Is Good To Study -- the Cisco Documentation.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    CrunchyhippoCrunchyhippo Member Posts: 389
    So back when they first offered CCVP, how would a person have studied for the GWGK exam if they didn't have a book for it? Especially if they were just breaking into the field? You'd think Cisco would introduce a new cert along with the study materials with it. Anyway, after the choice spectrum of available books for the CCNA, this is the mirror opposite.

I sure hope this book is easy reading and not like "Cisco Certified Voice Professional Fundamentals." I'm lining my birdcage with the pages from that one.
    "Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." - Popular Mechanics, 1949
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    So back when they first offered CCVP, how would a person have studied for the GWGK exam if they didn't have a book for it?
    Cisco Documentation -- and trial and error.
    You'd think Cisco would introduce a new cert along with the study materials with it.
    They usually do -- the official courseware for the official courses.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!