Options

need advice

bjh23bjh23 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
i've been studying for the 70-210 and am fairly comfortable with the material but don't know if i'm ready yet. i've gone through the transcender suite and while i didn't pass any of the tests the first time through, i've studied up and am now in the high 800's. i think i understand the reasoning behind the questions and answers, and am not just memorizing the q's. i'm just hesitant to go drop $115 on a test without being completely confident in my ability to pass it.

i'm sure this is something most people have faced. is it just a matter of taking the step and doing it or should i study until i'm completely comfortable? thanks for any advice you can give me.

Comments

• Options
    keef-richardskeef-richards Member Posts: 29 ■■□□□□□□□□
    hey :)

I just passed 1st M$ exam and it was harder than most transcenders I had done. You should be looking to get around 850-900 at least to feel quite confident for the exam. Looks like your about there. I would book the test for a week in advance and then brush up on what u already know. The transcenders are the closest questions similar to exam, but the ones I did in actual exam were pretty tough.

Good Luck :)
  • Options
    bjh23bjh23 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    that was perfect advice. keep up the good work! :D
  • Options
    2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    Confidence when taking an exam is always in question. You can't be so sure --never.

But I'd say you've got a great tool if you've got Trancenders. You should try to score above 90% constantly. Never forget to update the software when an update is available. And learn from the explanations. I was confident I was going to fail my last exam in the MCSD "suite of exams" icon_wink.gif --and I really would, had I not tried to thoroughly understand every single explanation on the prep test. I actualy learned many things from those explanations I wouldn't otherwise get from the book.

Also, read the posts in the 70-210 forum. You'll find helpful hints of things to do and things to watch out for.

best of luck

2lbs.
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    i had a fear of wasting money when deciding if i was ready for an exam.

the one thing that swayed me more than anything else was boredom. this is a different kind of boredom to the this-is-too-much-i-don't-want-to-do-it kind. it's more of reading up on the exam(s) you fancy doing next, feeling that you don't need to study, blasé attitude when doing practice exams.

the choice is yours though.
    A+ Moderator