Options

Ask For Salary Increase....rejected...should I Leave?

13»

Comments

• Options
    TechnowizTechnowiz Member Posts: 211
    As of Ubuntu 7.10 compiz is included with Ubuntu and enabled by default. And firefox with the no script plugin protects you from not only activex but javascript and flash as well. Is it nice that IE is more secure against these kinds of attacks in vista? Absolutely. But again at what cost? Why is it that other operating systems can offer the same features as vista and in the case of Ubuntu even more features and do it more efficiently? If I want to protect the registry and critical system files in XP I can use something like Kaspersky Internet Security and with no noticeable impact on performance. It's great that vista has this integrated into the OS but it doesn't justify the resource requirements. It isn't well enough to simply say resource requirements in the past have doubled from one Microsoft OS to the next and therefore the doubling in requirements from xp to vista is justified.

Like I said before, time will tell but I can see a lot of companies skipping completely over vista and going from xp to windows 7.
  • Options
    dan87951dan87951 Member Posts: 107
    I wouldn't quit your current job until you have found a new one. Money is money and the economy is in a crap shoot right now with not many jobs. However with your experience you just listed should be able to build a impressive resume. You are worth more.