just curious
IRQ U!

Comments

• Options
    Carson_MageCarson_Mage Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    A+ is probably the easiest exam out there IMO
  • Options
    Orion82698Orion82698 Member Posts: 483
    Go for A+ first. CCNA is going to be a tough exam, and you should also get your Net+. This not only will give you the extra cert, but prepare you for the CCNA.
    WIP Vacation ;-)

Porsche..... there is no substitute!
  • Options
    mwgoodmwgood Member Posts: 293
    A+ is a good foundation to have before getting your CCNA.

Personally, I started with A+, then did Network+, and now almost ready to take the CCNA exam. In retrospect, I think it was a good decision to do it that way.

The A+ Hardware exam is relatively easy. The A+ OS exam is generally more difficult - but CCNA is broader in scope, more extensive, yet more specialized as well.

I studied for a few weeks to get my A+ cert - it's been about 4 months now studying for CCNA.

You might want to start by asking yourself what you will be using the certification for immediately when you get it. If you plan to do general PC troubleshooting/repair and basic networking - then definitely CCNA is overkill and you should go with A+ first. If you want to get in depth networking knowledge and want to jump on some Cisco routers soon, then CCNA is the way to go.

-Mike
  • Options
    Melonie001Melonie001 Registered Users Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If you have some basic's from highschool and follow-up with NETCAD curriculum form cisco, the CCNA is totally doable.
    I am currently studying for the CCNA and is challenging but doable.

Plus you can do it in 2 parts.